Flowers are undoubtedly the perfect design for a spring themed baby shower invitation. Spring after all wouldn’t be spring without flowers, right? So what better way to symbolize this beautiful season than with equally beautiful flowers?
Shopping for baby shower invitations is a walk in the park. Flowers are ubiquitous designs or themes in numerous materials. You will certainly find an invitation with a flower artwork in different, countless forms and styles. However, hand crafted cards make a better impression on guests.
Be creative, make use of flower petals, artificial or real ones, as your key component. Stick them to the front of the card to create an impression of a garden full of flowers and of welcoming the spring season.
Other elements of spring can also be incorporated to accent the flowers in the form of a photo, drawing, or digital image. Examples are “flower insects” – butterflies, ladybugs, and bees, cherry blossoms, and lots of green – trees, leaves, foliage, and grass.
This is an incredibly affordable baby shower invitation … use flowers surrounding your home to create a beautiful cover to your card. No messy artwork or clumsy crafts to fool with. You can just glue the pressed flower on the baby shower invitations and voila! Pastel colors are in season, so choose paper with pastel hues. There are countless options that reflect spring. Your choices are practically endless.
What you need:
- Card Stock Paper
- Collect flower and lay them neatly in a heavy book. Be sure that there is no moisture in the flowers.
- Pay attention to the position you lay the flower … as it will effect the final result. You can place flowers between two sheets of plain white paper … to protect the pages of the book.
- You can place additional books on top to weigh down.
- Leave the flowers untouched for 10 days.
- Prepare cards by typing or writing details of your event prior to attaching flowers.
- Remove flowers from book and glue them to the front of your cards.
What to Include in the Baby Shower Invitations:
- Who the baby shower is for
- Date, Time, and Venue
- Who the shower party is given by
- Directions (enclose a map, if possible)
- Baby shower theme
- Dress code if any, or other special request
- Information of the mother-to-be’s gift registration
Send out your baby shower invitations 2-3 weeks before the party. Any sooner and the guests may forget, any later and they may already have made other plans.